Holy Spirit Lutheran Preschool is a ministry of the church and open to all children, both in the congregation and as a ministry to the community. Through child-directed play and interest-lead curriculum, our program encourages children to engage with nature and use the scientific process in a uniquely authentic way. Children are free to cultivate a love of learning and the outdoors through meaningful multi-sensory, creative, and community experiences. The teacher creates an intentional environment, that is rich in materials and provides tools to encourage discovery, imagination, and creativity. As disciples of Christ, teachers support spiritual development by modeling respect, compassion, and a love of nature. Playing outdoors allows children to connect with God and the natural world in an organic way. We serve preschool and prekindergarten age children and provide them with life skills to carry into kindergarten and beyond. Apply today!
"Speak to the earth, and it will teach you." Job 12:8
We believe all children are capable learners with individual needs, skills, and talents. To meet the needs of each child, the preschool will:
- Model, teach, and provide opportunities to develop and grow essential social skills.
- Use play-based curriculum to develop the brain, enhance critical thinking skills, and prepare children for school environments.
- Share God's love through play, music, art, culture, and nature.
- Encourage children to be active participants in cooperative, play-based experiences.
- Provide hands on exploration and self-directed discoveries.
- Maintain open communication between staff and parents.
Holy Spirit Lutheran Preschool does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, religion, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its enrollment or program policies.
The preschool is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA). Affiliation in this organization assures that the staff is current in the field of Christian early childhood education.
“Let the little children come to me" Mark 10:14
Contact the preschool through the church office or email for more information.
Each month, families receive a copy of our preschool newsletters in their child's mailbox. We will post the three most recent newsletters for easy reference if the newsletter is misplaced.